X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Die NATO den Krieg begonnen

Well, NATO started the war...

The event was known as Operation Eastwind, the 7th time it was held, a cold-war/WW3 airsoft milsim event. It lasted about 10 days but I had to leave around day 5 to take care of pressing business back home. Definitely a cool event, worth making the time to go to the next one.

I was in the NVA Mot Schutzen as a soldier, just the basic "soldat."

The background situation involved protests along the border from citizens of the DDR, who were joined by citizens of FRG, finally the Volkspolizei were dispatched to assistance the Grenztruppen in breaking up the protests, shutting down the border [since barriers were being dismantled by protesters] and arresting all of the protesters.

VoPo units were dispatched to the border areas and began to beat and arrest protesters, at which time the protesters overwhelmed the VoPo, took their weapons, massacred the Grenztruppen, and then stormed armories and weapons depots to acquire more and heavier weapons, arming more protesters, which resulted in the NVA calling in Mot. Schutzen to deal with the situation, which resulted in NATO firing across the border in support of the armed protesters/rebels and then finally crossing the border [in force] and engaging the Mot. Schutzen and the Group of Soviet Forces in Germany.

In the first actual engagement of the war the NVA squad was ambushed and pretty well cut to pieces by the Canadians. I managed to get one Canadian before I was wounded and taken prisoner along with the rest of the members of the section I was assigned to. The Canadians are actual veterans/ex-service from Canada, most being infantry, and some are reservists. They knew their stuff and were slick. Well those Canadians may be slick but at least I was able to buy a Mini-14 over the counter at Walmart two weeks after the war when I got home, their Walmart's do not have guns.

Some of my comrades insisted on chatting with our captors, while I scolded them as best I could, I believe I got the right idea out- dies ist eine krieg gegen nord amerikanischer kapitalismus. keine sprechen mit dir. The NATO people appreciated my commitment to the role.

I always knew NATO was no good, they were just itching to start the war!

*Some pictures* [I am pictured in some of these]

More available at this link-

Angehängte Dateien
    Zuletzt geändert von Die Weisse Katze; 30.03.2014, 05:32.

Nice, but the NVA had no Unimog. They had W50 and LO (ROBUR) Trucks. ( and Ural and Gaz...)

Kind regards
    Michael
    A Wise Man Once Said: "It Is Better To Have It And Not Need It, Than To Need It And Not Have It."

Kommentar

So ging NVA nicht !
      Ich suche alte mil. Waffenreinigungsutensilien, neue & alte Patronenmunition aller Art und Epochen, einschließlich Flintenmunition sowie Schachteln, gern auch ganze Sammlungen & Restposten (MES f. Munition aller Art vorhanden)

Kommentar

Zitat von H&K Schütze Beitrag anzeigen
        So ging NVA nicht !
        Ey, der ist aus den Staaten. Wir sollten froh sein, dass die wissen, dass der kalte Kieg vorbei ist und Paris ne Hauptstadt und nicht nur der Name von ner Kacktusse ist.

Mein Vater, als Oberstleutnant a.D., schlägt da auch die Hände überm Kopf zusammen.
        A Wise Man Once Said: "It Is Better To Have It And Not Need It, Than To Need It And Not Have It."

Kommentar

Zitat von MiWi Beitrag anzeigen
          Ey, der ist aus den Staaten. Wir sollten froh sein, dass die wissen, dass der kalte Kieg vorbei ist und Paris ne Hauptstadt und nicht nur der Name von ner Kacktusse ist.
          Dazu fällt einem einfach nichts mehr ein... You see me very

Und ein OtL der NVA, dafür musste man schon ein bisschen mehr drauf sein, als der gemeine GWD18. Das würde ich heute nicht unbedingt mehr herum posaunen...

Kommentar

Zitat von CAG Beitrag anzeigen
            Dazu fällt einem einfach nichts mehr ein... You see me very

Und ein OtL der NVA, dafür musste man schon ein bisschen mehr drauf sein, als der gemeine GWD18. Das würde ich heute nicht unbedingt mehr herum posaunen...
            Keiner muss sich schämen oder gar verstecken, weil er in einer letzten Armee auf deutschen Boden guten Glaubens war und seine Jugend oder sein Leben dort verbracht hat. Keiner ! Egal ob Soldat, Stabsoffizier oder General. Schämen muss man sich für solche Gestalten wie sie hier im Beitrag zu sehen sind! Bitterlich geweint hätte sie diese Luschen !!!

Mike (Uffz der NVA a.D.)
            Ich suche alte mil. Waffenreinigungsutensilien, neue & alte Patronenmunition aller Art und Epochen, einschließlich Flintenmunition sowie Schachteln, gern auch ganze Sammlungen & Restposten (MES f. Munition aller Art vorhanden)

Kommentar

Hallo Herr CAG,

Der junge Mann aus den Staaten macht sich ein lustiges Wochenende in EinStrichkeinStrich.

Das ist ok, hätte er auch in irgend nem anderen Flecktarn machen können. Dass seine Truppe das Geplänkel dort "gewonnen" hat ist auch schön. Aber das ist schon alles...

Leute die bei der "Asche" waren, sind ordentlich rangenommen worden. Das war aber kein heiterer Haufen, sondern Armee, wie ich sie die ersten 14 Tage bei der BW erfahren durfte, bis man uns bei der "inneren Führung" erklärt hat, dass sie das nur mal zeigen wollten, so aber garnicht dürfen.

Als Offizierskind und ehemaliger Armeesportler konnte ich das aus nächster Nähe erleben.

Und mein Vater muß sich für garnichts schämen, denn er war ein Kind seiner Zeit, genau wie Angehörige der Wehrmacht davor und BWler heute. Außerdem ist seine Armee ungeschlagen, sie wurde abgewickelt.

Die BW verliert gerade ihren ersten Krieg...

So Long

Kommentar

Zitat von H&K Schütze Beitrag anzeigen
                Keiner muss sich schämen oder gar verstecken, weil er in einer letzten Armee auf deutschen Boden guten Glaubens war und seine Jugend oder sein Leben dort verbracht hat. Keiner ! Egal ob ... General.
                Gilt das auch für die Armeegeneräle aD Erich Mielke oder Heinz Hoffmann ? Interessanter Ansatz... wer in derartige Hierarchien aufsteigen wollte, musste "auf Linie" sein und das ganz straff... dh, man war mind. SED-Mitglied, im besten Fall auch MFS-Zuträger und was da alles erwartet wurde, kurz es waren Nutznießer und damit Diener das Systems, ein System, was man froh sein kann, es los geworden zu sein... und jegliche Schönrederei dieser Zeit halte ich für daneben, in Anbetracht dessen, was da verbockt wurde.

Das erinnert mich irgendwie an die Vergangenheitsbewältigung nach 45... da konnte man der Wehrmacht und deren Angehörigen ja auch keine Vorwürfe machen...

Kommentar

ADMINISTRATIVER HINWEIS:

Hier geht es weder um die Vergangeheitbewältigung nach 45 oder nach 89 oder sonst irgendwelchen Politischen Unsinn, sondern um Reeanecment Thema Nationale Volksarme.

Und schämen muss sich niemand, bloß weil er in der DDR gelebt hat und dort der NVA angehört hat.

CAG darf das als ernst gemeinte Verwarnung ansehen.

Back to Topic
                  Verbietet Hartschalenfrüchte! Jedes Jahr werden weltweit 150 Menschen von Kokosnüssen erschlagen!

Mitglied im Komitee gegen die Entführung von Kühen durch Ausserirdische.

Kommentar

@ Die Weiße Katze:

Hehe, I like Airsoft MilSim. And the scenario presented is exotic, but interesting.

Kommentar

Die Weisse Katze hat ja mal in einem Fred gesagt, dass er sich auf dieses Thema eingeschossen hat, weil es eine abgeschlossene Epoche ist und weil man momentan noch günstig in Anführungszeichen, an Material aus der Epoche heran kommt.
                      Klingt auch plausibel.
                      Und er hat sich das Forum hier ausgesucht um seinen Horrizont zu erweitern.

Lass Ihn labern Michi,
                      mein Dad war Oberst und schämt sich nie und nimmer nicht dafür.
                      Mein Bruder ist jetzt Oberstleutnant in einer anderen Armee und schämt sich auch nicht dafür.
                      Und Erich Mielke war beim Militär ? Der gute Herr CAG hat keinen Dunst. Er kann nicht wissen das ein Armeegeneral des MfS nichts mit der NVA zu tun hat.

Muss immer noch den Kopf schütteln wenn so ein daher gelaufener Fatzke zig 1000de Kameraden bezichtigt ein Parteibuch in der Tasche gehabt zu haben, nur um bei der NVA Karriere zu machen.

Kommentar

Zitat von erich74 Beitrag anzeigen
                        Die Weisse Katze hat ja mal in einem Fred gesagt, dass er sich auf dieses Thema eingeschossen hat, weil es eine abgeschlossene Epoche ist und weil man momentan noch günstig in Anführungszeichen, an Material aus der Epoche heran kommt.
                        Klingt auch plausibel.
                        Und er hat sich das Forum hier ausgesucht um seinen Horrizont zu erweitern.

Lass Ihn labern Michi,
                        mein Dad war Oberst und schämt sich nie und nimmer nicht dafür.
                        Mein Bruder ist jetzt Oberstleutnant in einer anderen Armee und schämt sich auch nicht dafür.
                        Und Erich Mielke war beim Militär ? Der gute Herr CAG hat keinen Dunst. Er kann nicht wissen das ein Armeegeneral des MfS nichts mit der NVA zu tun hat.

Muss immer noch den Kopf schütteln wenn so ein daher gelaufener Fatzke zig 1000de Kameraden bezichtigt ein Parteibuch in der Tasche gehabt zu haben, nur um bei der NVA Karriere zu machen.

At different times they have had people assuming different roles. One guy told me about how several people on the Warsaw Pact side represented vastly different personalities when they were captured.

One guy was a hardcore party member soldier who mocked the Americans, while another guy was an unwilling conscript who declared that he would tell the interrogators anything they wanted to know if they would take him to America and let him be an American.

Some of the guys representing the Soviets were actually born in the Soviet Union, so they would speak Russian on the radio because even if the NATO side was listening, nobody on the NATO side spoke Russian.

Each day we were given news updates on alert level, readiness, what to expect, etc, but the updates eventually stopped, such that when we the group I was with was ambushed and captured, NATO seemed to know more about what was going on at the strategic/national level than any of the people in my section, myself included.

There was an admin guy [sort of like a neutral observer who also worked as a referee and a photographer], he was providing scenario/news updates on late 1980s style telex paper.

A NATO officer suggested that we read various reports about thousands of East German citizens storming the West German embassy in Prague and requesting asylum, and another news article that said Honecker had been ousted by the Central Committee.

I tried to stay in character with the role I had opted to represent and denounced the news article, saying, "So the Americans with their CIA hire thousands of actors and pay them to cause trouble for us in Prague, you think I should be impressed by that? You use paid actors to destabilize our society and to cause us trouble, why do you do this to us? Now you want us to believe that Honecker was ousted?"

He found a map on one of my comrades and he asked him, "what is this map, what do these markings mean?"

I decided to have some fun and I said, "that is a map of the Fuhrer bunker, are you interested in it?"

There were about four or five NATO people standing around and everybody started laughing.

A few years ago the scenario centered around internal tensions building up and then finally a civil war erupting in East Germany as Honecker and hardliners ordered the military to outright massacre civilian protesters and large numbers of military units refused to do so and turned on the regime while the Soviets withdrew entirely and the objective for the Soviet platoon was to get to a landing-zone for aerial evacuation [sadly no actual helicopter was available, but there is some guy with an Mi-8 helicopter that they have talked to about coming to an event]. Then NATO took advantage of the chaos and decided to move in and finish off the Honecker regime.

Sometimes things develop slowly and the fighting doesn't start until several days before the end of the event.

I'm hoping to buy a BRDM-2 at some point in the near future. I would like to eventually have a BRDM-2, a UAZ-469, maybe a Tatra-813, and a BTR-60 or maybe a BTR-70 if I can get a decent price on one. But I definitely want a BRDM-2 and a UAZ-469 within the next several years.

The British group had a Ferret armored car, the Warsaw Pact would have had a BTR-40 and a BTR-152 but they were out for major repairs and an overhaul.

Kommentar

Zitat von Die Weisse Katze Beitrag anzeigen
                          He found a map on one of my comrades and he asked him, "what is this map, what do these markings mean?"

I decided to have some fun and I said, "that is a map of the Fuhrer bunker, are you interested in it?"
                          I lol'ed.

WeisseKatze: Don't pay too much attention to some of the critics. Haters gonna hate.

Must be hard to stay in character for several days though! When roleplaying MilSim games for 5-6 h (ArmA f.e.), I already have to focus hard to not spoiler stuff. Let alone several days in such a huge scale.

Regards

Thomas
                          Wer grundlegende Freiheiten aufgibt, um vorübergehend ein wenig Sicherheit zu gewinnen, verdient weder Freiheit noch Sicherheit. - Benjamin Franklin (11. November 1755)

Kommentar

Zitat von SHADOW Beitrag anzeigen
                            I lol'ed.

WeisseKatze: Don't pay too much attention to some of the critics. Haters gonna hate.

Must be hard to stay in character for several days though! When roleplaying MilSim games for 5-6 h (ArmA f.e.), I already have to focus hard to not spoiler stuff. Let alone several days in such a huge scale.

Regards

Thomas

When they asked me for my serial number I made an inside joke that nobody picked up on.

I gave them the number as 06-21-41, which was one day before the start of Operation Barbarossa.

The event lasted 10 days, I was there for 5 days before I had to get home. Staying in character is not nearly as burdensome as the lack of showers and the bad weather. It can be 20 degrees (F) in the night and early morning and wind up 70 degrees in the afternoon, so you put on a winter uniform when you get up at 5:00 but by 11:00 you are sweating up a storm in your winter uniform chopping firewood or digging in the sunlight when it is 70 degrees.

Kommentar

Zitat von SHADOW Beitrag anzeigen
                              I lol'ed.

Regards

Thomas

The level of realism was to the point where, prior to the outbreak of open hostilities/combat/war, there was an enforced "exclusion zone" where the Grenztruppen were under standing orders to shoot any NVA personnel who crossed into the border exclusion zone, without hesitation. They were also operating on standing orders to confront anybody who was outside of the base area of operations, but not yet in the border exclusion zone, and challenge them to produce a pass.

When I was with a section that was laying/burying field communications cable we were warned to have our pass and be ready to display it at a second's notice, and not to cross into the exclusion zone.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X