Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Interessant

Das hier müsst ihr euch ansehen. Ist halt leider auf Englisch. Aber hochinteressant!

Es geht um einen zeitgenössischen Umbau eines Springfield auf Halbautomatisch! (Sorry Gunner)

Zuletzt geändert von Kuerbissuppe; 09.07.2014, 20:18.

Interessant ?
    Interessanter (!) wäre einTip auf den Inhalt....
    Sie sind unbewaffnet! Das ist gegen die Vorschrift! !(Aeryn Sun zu John Crichton in Farscape)

Nichts ist gut in Afghanistan! (Margot Käßmann, Heiligabend 2009
    , aktueller denn je)

I like the shiny steel and the polished wood ! (Steve Lee: I Like Guns)

Kommentar

Rare Pedersen Device with Metal Case and U.S. Model 1903 Springfield Mark I RifleExtremely rare Pedersen Device with equally rare metal case. Officially designated the "Automatic Pistol, Caliber .30, Model of 1918- Mark I", the Pedersen Device consisted of a semi-automatic bolt detachable magazine designed to replace the standard bolt in a modified Model 1903 Rifle and convert it into a semi-automatic weapon. The device fired a low velocity pistol sized cartridge designated the "Caliber .30 Automatic Ball Pistol" and had a 40-round magazine. The Pedersen Device was a secret weapon intended to provide U.S. Infantry with a close range semi-automatic rifle for assaults on enemy trenches and still retain the advantages of a high powered bolt action rifle for long range combat. The Army planned to introduce the Pedersen Device in the offensive against the German Army in the spring of 1919. Remington Arms manufactured 101,775 Pedersen Devices. When WWI ended in November 1918, the Pedersen Devices were placed in storage. In 1931 the security classification was removed from the Pedersen Device and all of the devices were ordered to be destroyed. The destruction was nearly complete; fewer than 100 Pedersen Devices are believed to exist in collections and museums today. The metal case is even more rare than the Pedersen Device itself; most existing Pedersen Devices lack the issue metal case. The Model 1903 Mark I rifle was manufactured by Springfield Armory in 1918 and identified by special receiver markings and the oval ejection port in the left side of the receiver. Original Model 1903 Mark I Rifles had a special receiver, stock, magazine cut-off, cut-off spindle, trigger and sear. After the Pedersen Devices were destroyed, the Mark I rifles had the special components removed and were converted to standard Model 1903 configuration. The Pedersen Device has a black-green parkerized finish. The top of the cocking piece has serrated grip panels and is roll-stamped: "U.S.A. 1918-MARK I/29828 in two lines on the left side. The right side is roll-stamped: "REMINGTON-BRIDGEPORT/PEDERSEN'S PAT'S. PENDING" in two lines. The Ordnance final inspection mark "E.E.C." is stamped on the back of the cocking piece. The metal case has the same black green finish as the device. Included with the device is a web magazine pouch marked "R.I.A./7-19. Each device was issued with a metal case, a web case for the Model 1903 bolt, ten 40-round magazines and two 5-magazine pouches. No magazines are included with the device. The Model 1903 Mark I rifle retains the original stock with indentation on the left side to provide clearance for the receiver ejection port. The receiver is marked: "U.S./SPRINGFIELD/ARMORY/MODEL 1903/MARK I/1145914" and the barrel is stamped "SA/2-20". The rifle has the correct magazine cut-off, cut-off spindle, trigger and sear. The rifle appears to have the original parkerized finish on the receiver, rear sight base and barrel. The stock is stamped with an arsenal overhaul mark "AAC" on the left wrist. The bolt is a WWII replacement.

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X